- " Your job guide remains the undisputed leader of academic job search facilities. Keep up the good work. "
- " I was on the job market for many years before finding my current position. The Job Guide was an essential tool in looking for posts. "
- " It's a GREAT service. I use the CFP's ALL the time! It's been great for my friends looking for jobs! "
- " H-Net is an excellent resource. The website has played a significant role in my professional career development. It provides an incredible amount of vital information: jobs, fellowships, conferences, archival resources, syllabi, groundbreaking books... and so much more! The discussion areas are valuable as well; having the opportunity to network with such a vast expanse of scholars is remarkable. "
- " The H-Net job guide, fellowship listings, and announcements are invaluable services. "
- " The Job Search listings have been very helpful in getting applicants to the numerous searches I have led as chair of the History Department. "
"I heard about my new job on H-Net" has been a familiar expression for over twenty years since H-Net began distributing position announcements to its global audience of 180,000 scholars, teachers, and administrators at academic and nonprofit institutions.
The Job Guide is popular because it is a simple, clean, no-frills link between employers and job seekers; they find each other within an active community of colleagues already collaborating through H-Net's 180 edited public networks in dozens of fields of study. Revenue from the H-Net Job Guide recovers the cost of all H-Net's services to the public and the profession while it supports the work of hundreds of volunteer editors.
All Job Guide announcements are freely, publicly available.
For $225 employers and agencies can:
- Write and format the text of their own notices, with no word limit.
- Post several positions in one announcement.
- Make changes at will with no extra cost.
- Keep any number of announcements active for up to a year from the posting date.
- Pay by check or credit card via an encrypted, secure site.
- Distribute their announcement through H-Net's powerful communication channels: H-Announce, our Job Guide weekly digest for editors, individual networks targeted by field or discipline.
- Support H-Net's nonprofit mission to the academic community.
- Get a 15% discount for ad agencies.
For additional fee, add a logo to your announcement and/or make it a featured notice.
Learn more about these features, plus policies concerning content, fee waivers, discount, and other details.
Coming soon! The H-Net Job Guide mobile app for iOS! Track jobs on iPhone and iPad, share them with colleagues.